This section of the Chemical Search page appears if you select the Index
Chemicus® database or if you select Current Chemical Reactions®
and Index Chemicus. It does not appear if you only select Current Chemical
- In the Compound Data section, enter term(s) in one or more of the
Compound Data search fields. You can enter up
to 11 different terms joined by search operators.
- If you want to specify a compound's role in a reaction, select one of the
following check boxes:
| As Reactant
|| A reactant changes chemically in
the course of a reaction. Reactants appear to the left of the reaction arrow.
||The compound created by the reaction.
Products appear to the right of the reaction arrow.
||A compound that affects the rate of
the reaction but does not change chemically in the course of the reaction.
||A liquid used to dissolve or disperse
other materials in a solution.
If you specify a role, then by definition you are searching for reaction information.
Consequently, the records you retrieve will be from Current Chemical Reactions
- [Optional] Scroll up to the Structure Drawing section to enter a structure
query and/or scroll down to the Reaction Data section to enter reaction data terms.
- Click Search.
Enter the name of a natural product or a compound name without a prefix. For
- carbacyclin (for (+/-)-carbacyclin)
- C60 or C-60 OR fullerene* OR buckminster*
Compound Biol. Act.
Click the Biological Activity List link to go to a page where you can
search for a biological activity to add to your search. For example:
- antiviral activity
- insect pheromone activity
- nicotinic agonistic activity
- antiviral activity AND antineoplastic activity
- insect pheromone activity OR insecticidal activity
Enter a single value, or a value preceded by the greater than (>) or less
than (<) sign. For example:
- >500 AND <1000